Thursday, March 29, 2012

Blessings

My husband preaches at a nursing home once a month and during his sermon he referenced the song Blessings. As he mentioned it I did not think much of it until later. The songs chorus is, "Cause what if your blessings come through raindrops. What if Your healing comes through tears. What if a thousand sleepless nights are what it takes to know You're near. What if trials of this life are Your mercies in disguise." Yesterday I was at church and I was in severe pain, I have a herniated disk pushing into my nerve sack and there are nights that I don't sleep because I am in so much pain and Tuesday night was one of those nights. There was a shortage in the nursery so I was working with the kids and there was this one little one that I was rocking and all of the sudden the song blessings popped into my mind. I started to sing it to the little one and I thought about the line in the song what if your healing comes through tears. I thought to myself that there are more than one way that God heals. God might not choose to heal my body but He can sure heal the soul. I was reminded and refreshed by this thought this week, that even though I am in pain I know he is carrying me all the way. He is the balm to my soul. In Psalm 23:3, it says, "He refreshes my soul. He guides me along the right paths for His name’s sake." He refreshes our should for His name sake. He is the one who guides us in our life and even though we might not know the why or the where we need to trust in Him and realize like the song says that what if the trials that we go through are our mercies in disguise.

No comments:

Post a Comment