Friday, September 7, 2012

Ungluded

"Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God’s will is—his good, pleasing and perfect will." Romans 12:2

Lately I have been reading a book called Unglued by Lysa Terkeurst.  It talked about how as women we are emotional and how we should use our emotions to Honor God.

I know for myself I am a emotional person, I am normally pretty calm, but every now and then I just blow up.  The other night I was cooking dinner, we were having steak and potatoes and I was doing the one thing I hate to do.  Cook in a dirty kitchen. Tim and the kids were getting underfoot and I knew I was about to loose it so I told my husband I want to be a Proverbs 31 woman and I went outside to calm down and pray to God about why my kitchen was dirty.

I have to admit in the pass I would have just blown up at Tim and the kids and then felt horrible the rest of the night.  I am very thankful God lead me to this book to remind me that I am not the only woman who struggles with my emotions.  

I know that as a human being that I am going to fail, but I just have to remember that God is bigger than anything and can handle all of needs and emotions :)

No comments:

Post a Comment