Thursday, April 21, 2011

The Crucifiction

"Then Jesus said, “Father, forgive them,because they do not know what they are doing.” and they divided His clothes and cast lots." Luke 23:34

What Love Jesus showed on the cross. People were persecuting Him and beating Him and they nailed Him to a cross and He asked for the Lord to forgive them.

There have been times in my life where I have struggled with forgiveness. When I was 2 months old my parents divorced because my father told my mother if she did not abort me he would divorce her. My entire life I struggled with forgiving Him because of never being there, he signed away custody and I never saw him until I was seventeen and by then I had so much anger in my heart for him, I could not even look at him.

As I grew closer to the Lord, this passage came to me in Luke that His own people Jews, beat Him and hung Him on a cross and He said Father forgive them. What love Jesus showed to the people who were persecuting Him.

It made me think that if Jesus could forgive these people who were beating Him, how could I not forgive my father for abandoning me. When I finally forgave I felt a big weight come off my shoulders.

Lord, I thank You for dying on the cross for Me!!

No comments:

Post a Comment