Thursday, September 15, 2011

Grief

Rev 21:4 He will wipe away every tear from their eyes. Death will no longer exist; grief, crying, and pain will exist no longer,
because the previous things have passed away.

Grief as defined by Merriam Webster is defined as deep and poignant distress caused by or as if by bereavement.

People grieve in many different ways and form and there are many types of grief. You can grief over a loss of a parent or a spouse. You can grieve over the child that you have not yet been able to conceive. You can grieve over a job that you lost or over a job that you wanted but was not the right timing.

God knows about our grief. When we grieve God will grieve with us. In Matthew it says blessed are those who mourn because they will be comforted. God is our comforter and deliver. It is in Him that we need to put our trust.

My heart grieves at times over my son, who suffers from a Chari Malformation and has headaches everyday, several times a day. As a mother my heart is in distress and wants to take all his pain away from him. As a follower of our Loving God I know that when I grieve my Lord grieves too, because David is not only my child but is a child of our Lord.

When you are grieving, give it to the Lord and you will find peace in Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment