Sunday, January 2, 2011

Faith

I think that there are some area's in our life that we like to hold on to and not hand over to God and when we do hand them over, we have the tendency to play tug o war with God and take them back and give them again.

For me the one area that I struggle with is our Finances. God tells us in His word,

"You provided bread from heaven for their hunger; You brought them water from the rock for their thirst. You told them to go in and possess the land You had sworn to give them". Neh 9:15

When Tim and I were first married we lived in the upper part of a Woman's house and we struggled financially. We got to a point one month that we were eating beans and sometimes canned little sausages for supper. It was 5 days before Tim got paid and we were last to 1 can of beans. We had a check for the church for $20, and $2 cash. Tim said we needed to be faithful, I was scared and did not know what to do. We ended up giving the check to the church and had our bean supper that night. The next morning we woke up and there were 2 full bags of groceries at our front door. No one but God knew out financial situation and He provided for all of our needs.

God taught me that day to always put my trust in Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment