Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Love

"The LORD will send His faithful love by day; His song will be with me in the night—
a prayer to the God of my life." Ps 42:8

The other night I got a sweet tooth and we were listening to the radio on our way to Dairy Queen and a song came on the radio, and the lyrics really touched my heart. The song was What love really means by JJ Heller.

Part of the lyrics of the song are:

"Who will love me for me
Not for what I have done or what I will become
Who will love me for me
'Cause nobody has shown me what love
What love really means"

This song got me thinking about God's love and how abundant and unconditional it is. He is the only one who will love us for us. There are times in our lives where love will seem conditional. We might have a friend who will get mad at us and not speak to us because of something that we have said or done. We might have a spouse who loves us only if we make supper or clean the house.

When I was in high school I had a best friend that I thought hung the moon, I loved this person so much and told him all of my hopes and dreams and my secrets. Then one day out of the blue, he stopped talking to me and would never tell me why. I was devastated, I was so hurt that I never wanted to have a friend again, because I was so afraid of the hurt.

The good news is that God will never hurt us that way, God's love is not conditional and is never ending.

Praise God for His love!!

No comments:

Post a Comment