Thursday, January 27, 2011

God's Grace

"For the LORD God is a sun and shield. The LORD gives grace and glory; He does not withhold the good from those who live with integrity." Ps 84:11

Last night I could not sleep and I pondered on God's Grace. God's grace is so abounding. I could not think of a time in my life that I have not encountered His grace. Whenever we mess up, His loving arms is always there for us to come back to.

When I looked up the word grace in the dictionary this is the definition that I found:
mercy; clemency; pardon: an act of grace according to http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/Grace

I was listening to the radio the other day, as you can tell by my other posts I love music, and this song came on called What love really means and at the end of the song there is a man who is in jail. He calls out to the Lord and says I know I have murdered and Lied and basically cried out for his grace and mercy to save him. The Lord then answered back I will Love you for you, not for what you have done or what you've become.

Two semesters ago when I was in College I got to interview a man for one of my classes who had gone to jail for vehicular manslaughter. While he was in jail he reached out to our Loving savior and was in Awe of his Grace and love to save him after what he had done. This man talked about God like no other that I have heard. The peace and love that this man had was awe inspiring. If God can take the heart of a man who had to live with an accidental killing and change it. Think of all God's grace and mercy can do for us.

God's grace is for all who seek it. God is there, all we need to do is reach out and claim it.

No comments:

Post a Comment